How should I transport the product?
Before you transport the scanner for a long distance or store it for an extended period of time, you need to lock the scanner's carriage to prevent damage.
- Make sure the carriage is in the home position of the scanner (on the left side). If the carriage is not in the home position, turn on the scanner and wait until the carriage moves to the home position.
- Turn off the scanner, then unplug the power cord.
- Disconnect all the cables from the scanner.
- Push in the transportation lock on the back of the scanner.
- Attach the packing materials that came with the scanner, then repack the scanner in its original box or a similar box that fits the scanner snugly.
Published: Jun 3, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!