How do I scan with Document Capture Pro or Document Capture?
When you scan with Document Capture Pro (Windows) or Document Capture (Mac), the program automatically saves your scanned file on your computer in the folder you specify. You can select settings, preview, and change the scanned file settings as necessary.
Note: The settings may vary, depending on the software version you are using. See the Help information in Document Capture or Document Capture Pro for details.
- Do one of the following to start Document Capture Pro (Windows) or Document Capture (Mac):
- Windows 10: Click and select Epson Software > Document Capture Pro.
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select Document Capture Pro.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start, and select All Programs or Programs. Select Epson Software > Document Capture Pro.
- Mac: Open the Applications folder, open the Epson Software folder, and select Document Capture.
- Select Switch to Standard View, if necessary. You see a window like this:
- Click the Scan icon. You see a window like this:
Note: If you want to use a scan job that you created instead, select it from the Job list in the Document Capture Pro or Document Capture window, click the Start Job button, and skip the rest of these steps.
- Select any displayed scan settings you want to use.
Note: See the Help information in Document Capture Pro or Document Capture for details.
- If you want to select detailed scan settings, do one of the following:
- Windows: Click Detailed Settings. Select any displayed scan settings you want to use and click OK.
- Mac: Close the Scan window. Open the Scan menu at the top of the screen and select Displays the EPSON Scan Setup Screen. Click the Scan icon. Select any displayed scan settings you want to use and click OK.
- Click Scan. You see a preview of your scan in the Document Capture Pro (Windows) or Document Capture (Mac) window.
- If you would like to scan additional originals and add them to the current captured images, click the Add Page button and repeat steps 2 through 5.
- Check the scanned images and edit them as necessary.
- Click one of the Destination icons to choose where to send your scanned files. (If you cannot see all of the icons below, click the arrow next to the icons.)
- Depending on the destination you chose, click OK or Send to complete the operation.
Scanning to a SharePoint Server or Cloud Service