I see the message Unable to receive data or Scanner is already in use or unavailable in Windows when I use Epson Scan 2. What should I do?
Follow the steps below:
- Right-click Start or click + x on your keyboard.
- Select Device Manager from the list that appears.
- Click Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Right-click on Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) or Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft) and select Uninstall Device.
Note: You may temporarily lose control of the mouse and keyboard. The functions will return.
- Disconnect the USB cable connecting the scanner to your computer.
- Reboot your computer.
- Reconnect the USB cable to your scanner and try scanning again.
If the issue persists, try using a non-powered USB 2.0 hub to connect the scanner to your computer to resolve the issue. If this does not solve the problem, please contact Epson Support.