How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Because the product is heavy, two or more people should lift and carry it using the hand positions shown here:
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Leave the ink packs installed. Removing the packs can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
- Turn off the product.
- Wait for the power light to turn off, then unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Lift up the product cover.
- Make sure the print head is in the home position on the right.
- Secure the print head to the case with tape as shown.
Do not touch the translucent film inside the product; otherwise, you may damage your product.
- Lower the product cover.
- Uninstall the optional paper cassette, if necessary.
- Close the rear paper feed slot and output tray and lower the control panel.
- Remove the output tray.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product.
Keep the product level during transportation. Make sure you remove the tape securing the print head before using the product. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Alignment
Print Head Cleaning