How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it a long distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Leave the ink cartridges installed. Removing the cartridges can dry out the print head and may prevent the product from printing.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
Note: Before storing your product for a long period, replace low, expended, or expired ink to help prevent the print head from drying out. Store your product in a cool, dry place.
- Turn off the product.
- Lift up the printer cover.
- Make sure the print head is in the home position on the right.
- Secure the ink cartridge holder to the case with tape as shown.
- Close the printer cover.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Close the rear paper feed slot and output tray.
- Place the product in its original packing materials, if possible, or use equivalent materials with cushioning around the product. Make sure the box adequately protects the product control panel.
Keep the product level during transportation. If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.Related concepts
Print Head Nozzle Check
Print Head Alignment
Print Head Cleaning