How should I transport or store my product?
If you need to store your product or transport it some distance, prepare it for transportation as described here.
- Avoid tilting the product, placing it vertically, or turning it upside down; otherwise ink may leak.
- Place the product in a plastic bag and fold the bag closed.
- When storing or transporting an ink bottle after removing its seal, do not tilt the bottle and do not subject it to impacts or temperature changes. Otherwise, ink may leak even if the cap on the ink bottle is tightened securely. Be sure to keep the ink bottle upright when tightening the cap, and take measures to prevent ink from leaking when transporting the ink bottles.
- Do not put opened ink bottles in the box with the product.
- Before transporting the product, make sure that the print head is in the home (far right) position.
Caution: During transportation and storage, follow these guidelines:
- Turn off the product.
- Remove all the paper and any originals from the product.
- Make sure the power light turns off, then unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Open the ink tank cover and make sure that the ink tank caps are installed securely.
- Close the ink tank cover securely.
- Close the paper support and output tray, then lower the control panel by gently pushing it down.
- Place the product in its original packaging materials, if possible, or use equivalent cushioning around the product.
If print quality has declined when you print again, clean and align the print head.
Published: Apr 25, 2019 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!