Drips, smears, or head strikes appear on my printout. What should I do?
- Make sure the platen gap is adjusted for your media type. To adjust the platen gap, do the following from the printer's control panel:
- Make sure the printer is ready to print. Ready should be displayed on the printer's LCD screen.
- Press the button three times.
- Select Narrow, Standard, Wide, or Wider as the gap setting.
- Press OK or Enter (the middle button).
- Press the pause button.
Published: Aug 23, 2016 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!