SAFETY ALERT FOR EPSON SCANNERS
November 20, 2019
Announcement to customers using Epson Perfection® V30/ V33/ V37/ V300/ V330/ V370 scanners – The AC Adapter can overheat, melt or ignite – STOP using the AC Adapter now.
Epson constantly monitors product performance and manufacturing practices to ensure our products are meeting the very highest standards and expectations of our customers.
WARNING: In a small number of Epson image scanner products, specifically models Perfection V30/ V33/ V37/ V300/ V330/ V370, sold by Epson between 2010 and 2017, the supplied AC adapter may overheat, melt or ignite potentially causing deformation of the DC plug, smoke, odor and in rare cases, fire or property damage.
Customer safety and satisfaction are always Epson's top priority. The issue here is rare and no injuries have been reported. However, in an abundance of caution, please STOP USING the AC adapter and contact our dedicated toll-free phone number for a replacement. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Please carefully review and follow the instructions provided below to confirm whether your scanner is impacted by this announcement.
- How to identify impacted equipment:
- If both (A) and (B) below are met, you have the target AC adapter. STOP using the AC adapter immediately by disconnecting it from the power source (the outlet, power strip, etc.).
- The part number of the AC adapter (found on the label) is “EADP-16CB B”.
- The manufacturing date of the AC adapter (found on the label) is “2010.01 to 2012.05”.
- Part number: EADP-16CB B
- Date Code: 2010.01 to 2012.05
(This picture shows a date of 2011.07 or July 2011, which is within the target Date Code range.)
- Scanner models which were sold with the target AC Adapter: Perfection V30/ V33/ V37/ V300 / V330/ V370
- Contact us
Please confirm your adapter is applicable to this announcement through the 2 steps above A) “Part number”, B) “Manufacturing month” stated on the label of the AC adapter. If these steps confirm your adapter is covered by this announcement STOP using the AC adapter immediately and contact us by phone at 888-367-2656 (Monday – Friday, 7 am – 4 pm PT). For a faster response, please go to https://epson.com/support, locate your model, then click your model's "Contact Us" tab and email us the following details:
- Scanner model name
- Scanner serial number
- AC adapter part number
- AC adapter manufacturing date
- Your name and shipping address
|Perfection V30||Perfection V33||Perfection V37|
|Perfection V300||Perfection V330||Perfection V370|