I can't start Epson Scan in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure the scanner is plugged in to turn it on.
- Turn off your computer and unplug the scanner, then check the USB cable connection between them to make sure it is secure.
- The scanner may not work properly if Epson Scan is open and your computer goes into standby mode (Windows) or sleep mode (Mac OS X). Restart Epson Scan and try scanning again.
- The scanner may not work properly if you upgrade your operating system but do not reinstall Epson Scan. See Uninstalling Your Scanning Software for instructions on uninstalling and reinstalling it.
- Make sure that Epson Scan is selected in your scanning program. See Starting a Scan With Another Scanning Program (scanning documents or photos) or Starting a Scan With Another Scanning Program (scanning film or slides).
- In the Windows Device Manager, make sure your scanner's name appears under Imaging devices without a question (?) or an exclamation (!) mark. If the scanner appears with one of these marks or as an Unknown device, uninstall Epson Scan as described in Uninstalling Epson Scan. Then reinstall it by following the instructions in your Start Here sheet.
Published: Sep 12, 2006 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!