When I try to scan using Epson Scan, I see a message Unable to write to file. What should I do?
Do the following:
- Open Epson Scan and select Home Mode, Office Mode, or Professional Mode.
- Click the Configuration button at the bottom center of the screen.
- Select the Other tab and verify the drive letter next to Work Area (C: is the default).
- If the Work Area is set to C:, choose another drive (if one is available) or skip to step 6 (if no other drive is available).
- Try scanning again. If the same error occurs, set the Work Area back to C: and close Epson Scan.
- Close all applications.
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the Temp folder.
- Windows XP: C\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Temp
- Windows Vista and Windows 7: C:\Users\user name|AppData\Local\Temp
- Highlight all files and folders in the Temp folder and delete them.
- Restart the computer, open Epson Scan and try scanning again.
Published: Aug 2, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!