How should I clean the product?
When scanned images have streaks or when scanned documents become dirty, clean inside the scanner.
- Only use the dry and wet cleaning sheets supplied with your product; otherwise scanner components could be damaged.
- Be careful not to spill liquid into the scanner mechanism or electronic components. This could permanently damage the mechanism and circuitry.
- Do not spray lubricants inside the scanner.
You can clean inside your scanner using the dry cleaning sheet supplied with your product.
- Make sure that the scanner is connected to your computer.
- Load the dry cleaning sheet into the scanner.
- Do one of the following to open EPSON Scan settings:
Select or Start > All Programs or Programs > EPSON > Epson Scan > EPSON Scan Settings.
Mac OS X:
Select Applications > Utilities > EPSON Scan Settings.
- Click the Maintenance button.
- Click the Cleaning button in the Maintenance window.
The dry cleaning sheet is ejected automatically when cleaning is complete. Return the sheet to its storage pouch.
Try repeating this procedure if you don't see any improvement after the first cleaning.
- If you don't see any improvement after using the dry cleaning sheet, try using the wet cleaning sheet supplied with your product. Remove the wet cleaning sheet from its bag, unfold it, and then follow the same steps as when cleaning the scanner using the dry cleaning sheet. The wet cleaning sheet can only be used once. For best results, the wet cleaning sheet should be used within two years from the production date printed on its package.
- If you don't see any improvement after using both the dry and wet cleaning sheets, contact Epson. Do not disassemble your scanner.
- The dry cleaning sheet, wet cleaning sheet, and calibration sheet can be purchased together in the Maintenance Sheets kit (part number B12B818291). You can purchase genuine EPSON accessories from an EPSON authorized reseller.
Published: Mar 12, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!