The product is not recognizing characters well when using Epson Scan. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the document lies perfectly straight on the scanner glass.
- If scanning in Home Mode or Office Mode select the Text Enhancement check box.
- Adjust the Threshold setting when scanning in Office Mode or Professional Mode. Select Black & White as the Image Type setting and click on the Dual Image Output. Next select the Setting button. Then try adjusting the Threshold setting.
- Check your OCR software Help files to see if there are any settings you can adjust im your OCR software.
- Enable Text Enhancement in Document Capture Pro or Document Capture on the Main Settings page or the Job Settings page.
- If possible, try scanning at a higher resolution.
Published: Oct 20, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!