How should I clean the inside of the product?
Clean your scanner regularly using the wet and dry cleaning sheets that came with your scanner. Dust on the scanning surface can cause spots or lines in your scanned images.
Use the wet and dry cleaning sheets to clean your scanner. Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it.
You can purchase genuine Epson accessories at epson.com (U.S. sales), epson.ca (Canadian sales) or epson.com.jm (Caribbean sales). You can also purchase accessories from an Epson authorized reseller. To find the nearest one, call 800-GO-EPSON (800-463-7766) in the U.S. or 800-807-7766 in Canada.
- Turn on the scanner and make sure it is connected to the computer.
- Load the dry cleaning sheet into the scanner.
- Do one of the following to start Epson Scan Settings:
- Windows 8.x: Navigate to the Apps screen and select EPSON Scan Settings.
- Windows (other versions): Click or Start > All Programs or Programs > EPSON > EPSON Scan > EPSON Scan Settings.
- Mac: Open the Applications folder, click Epson Software, and click EPSON Scan Settings.
- Click Maintenance.
- Click Cleaning. Cleaning takes about 30 seconds. The scanner feeds and ejects the cleaning sheet.
- If the scanner is not clean, repeat these steps to clean it again.
Note: You can use the same dry cleaning sheet multiple times.
- If the scanner is not clean after multiple cleanings with the dry cleaning sheet, repeat these steps using the wet cleaning sheet.
Note: You can use the wet cleaning sheet only once.
Optional and User Replaceable Epson Scanner Parts