The scanner doesn't work properly when I press the start button. What should I do?
If the scanner button does not start the correct program or perform the correct action, try these solutions:
- Document Capture Pro (Windows) and Document Capture (Mac) do not support using the button to scan over a wireless connection. Connect the scanner using a USB cable.
- On Windows, be sure that the scanner is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
- Make sure Document Capture Pro (Windows) or Document Capture (Mac) is installed correctly. If necessary, uninstall and reinstall it.
- Make sure you have assigned the correct job to the scanner button and change it, if necessary.
- If you selected Keep Blocking in a Windows Security Alert window during or after installation of Document Capture Pro, unblock the EEventManager Application program in the Windows security settings; see Windows help for details.
- Check the status of the lights and make sure the scanner is ready to scan.
- Make sure the connection mode switch is set correctly.
- When using a wireless connection, start Epson Scan on your computer before scanning from the product.
- On a Mac, make sure you are logged in as the user who installed the scanner software. Other users must run Epson Scanner Monitor in the Applications folder before using the button to scan. Related concepts
When to Uninstall Your Scanner Software
Scanner Light Status
Published: Jun 2, 2014 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!