How should I clean my product?
To keep your product working at its best, you should clean it several times a year.
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it. Do not open the product case. Do not press the surface of the scanner glass with any force and be careful not to scratch or damage the scanner glass. A damaged glass surface can decrease the scan quality.
- Turn off the scanner using the power button.
- Unplug the AC power cord.
- Disconnect the USB cable.
- Clean the outer case with a cloth dampened with mild detergent and water.
- If the scanner glass gets dirty, clean it with a soft, dry cloth. If the glass surface is stained with grease or some other hard-to-remove material, use a small amount of glass cleaner on a soft cloth to remove it. Wipe off all remaining liquid.
Note: Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the scanner glass. Make sure that no dust builds up on the surface of the scanner glass. Dust can cause spots in your scanned images.