The scanner doesn't work properly when I press the start button. What should I do?
If pressing the start button on your scanner does not start a scan, try these solutions:
- Restart your computer.
- Make sure your scanner is turned on and any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- Use only the USB cable that came with the scanner. Make sure it is connected directly to your computer and not to a USB hub.
- In Windows, be sure that the scanner is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
- Make sure you have assigned the correct job to the scanner button and change it, if necessary.
- Check the status of the lights and make sure the scanner is ready to scan.
- Make sure Epson ScanSmart and Epson Scan 2 are installed correctly. Reinstall the software, if necessary.
Customizing Action Icons
Product Status Messages
Published: Feb 6, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!