Scanning is slow. What should I do?
- Scan your original at a lower resolution, if possible.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for your operating system. If you are scanning a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements. If necessary, increase your system's memory or reduce the resolution.
- Make sure you did not press the slow mode button to slow down the scanning speed.
- The scanning speed may be reduced depending on the image adjustment features in Epson Scan 2.
- If scanning becomes slower after scanning continuously with the ADF for a long time, the scanner may have automatically slowed down to protect the scanner mechanism from overheating or becoming damaged. Let the scanner rest with the power on for 30 minutes, then try scanning again.
- Computers with USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) or USB 2.0 (Hi-Speed) ports can scan faster than those with USB 1.1 ports. If you are using a USB 3.0 or 2.0 port with the scanner, make sure it meets the system requirements.
If scanning becomes slow, try these solutions:
Additional Scanning Settings - Main Settings Tab
Additional Scanning Settings - Advanced Settings Tab
Published: Jan 30, 2020 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!