My scanning software doesn't work properly in Windows or on my Mac. What should I do?
If your scanning software does not operate correctly, try these solutions:
- Make sure your computer has adequate memory and meets the system requirements for your operating system.
- Make sure your computer is not running in a power-saving mode, such as sleep or standby. If so, wake your system and restart your scanning software.
- Make sure the product is turned on.
- Make sure the connection between the product and your computer is secure.
- If you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall your scanning software, try reinstalling it.
- In Windows, be sure that the product is listed under Imaging Devices in the Device Manager.
- Check that the correct product is selected using the Epson Scan 2 Utility.
- Check that the correct setting is assigned to the scanner button in Document Capture Pro (Windows) or Document Capture (Mac).
- Make sure the scanning software is installed.
- Connect the product directly to the computer. The product may not work properly when connected through a USB hub/switch.
- Plug the USB Type A connector into a USB 3.0 port on your computer, if available.
- Document Capture Pro (Windows) does not support Windows Vista or Windows server, so use Epson Scan 2 for scanning instead.
- If you are using a TWAIN-compliant program, make sure that the correct product is selected as the Scanner or Source setting.
- Make sure the PC Connection via USB setting is not disabled on the control panel.
- Check that the Wi-Fi connection is working correctly. Try turning the wireless router off and on.
- If you are using the product over a network, make sure the network cable is securely connected.
- Make sure another computer is not connected to the scanner using a USB cable. A USB connection takes priority over a Wi-Fi connection. If another computer is connected by USB, disconnect it.
- If you are using a Mac computer, make sure you select the network that has priority on it.
Uninstall Your Product Software
Windows System Requirements
Mac System Requirements
Published: Feb 21, 2022 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!