I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new cartridge and you still see an ink related error, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed.
Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Make sure the printer is turned on and not printing. The green power light should be on, but not flashing.
- Open the printer cover.
- Press and release the ink button.
- The print head moves and the green power light flashes.
- Lift up the cartridge cover.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
Note: If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.
- Close the cartridge cover, then close the printer cover.
- Press the ink button. The printer will begin charging the ink delivery system. When the green power light stops flashing and stays on, the printer is finished.
Caution: Never turn off the printer while the green power light is flashing, unless the printer hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Published: Feb 5, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!