How should I transport my product?
If you move your printer some distance, you need to prepare it for transportation in its original box or one of a similar size. To avoid damage, always remove the ink cartridges when transporting the printer. Do the following:
1. Turn on the printer, then press and release the Ink button.
2. Open the printer cover then open the cartridge cover.
3. Remove the cartridges. For each cartridge, press in the tab on the back, then squeeze both tabs and lift the cartridge out of the printer.
4. Set each cartridge down on a sheet of paper or plastic with the label on top facing upward. Pack the cartridges separately in sealable plastic bags.
5. Close the cartridge cover and press the ink button. The print head moves to its home position.
6. Turn off the printer and unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. Then disconnect the printer cable and power cord from the printer.
7. Remove any paper from the printer, then remove the paper support, roll paper holder, basket, and automatic roll paper cutter, if they're installed.
8. Open the printer cover. Tape the ink cartridge holder to the printer case, as shown below. Then close the printer cover.
8. Push in the output tray extensions and close the tray.
9. Repack the printer and attachments in the original box using the protective materials that came with it. Be sure to keep the printer level as you move it.
After transporting the printer, remove the tape securing the print head, reinstall the ink cartridges and test your printer. If you notice a decline in print quality, clean the print head. If output is misaligned, align the print head
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!