How do you change the ink cartridge?
Be sure you have a new ink cartridge before you begin. Once you start the ink cartridge replacement procedure, you must complete all the steps in one session.
1. Make sure the EPSON CX3200 is turned on and not printing. The control panel tells you which ink cartridge is low or empty.
2. Press either Menu button several times until you see Change Cartridge and then press the Copy button.
The ink cartridges move to the center.
3. Lift up the CX3200 cover.
4. Pull up the ink cartridge clamp. (The color cartridge is on the right and the black is on the left.) The cartridge rises up from its holder.
5. Lift the cartridge out of the EPSON CX3200 and dispose of it carefully.
6. Unwrap the new ink cartridge. Then remove only the yellow tape seal on top.
You must remove the yellow tape from the top of the cartridge or you will permanently damage it.
7. Tilt the new cartridge toward you slightly as you insert it. Lower the cartridge so that the tabs rest on the hooks. Don't place the cartridge under the hooks; you may damage the clamp when you close it.
8. Press down firmly on the ink cartridge clamp until it snaps in place.
If you need to replace the other ink cartridge, repeat steps 4 through 8 before continuing with step 9.
9. Carefully lower the scanner and press it down until it clicks into place. Press the Copy button. The EPSON CX3200 begins charging the ink delivery system. The Operate light flashes and the EPSON CX3200 makes noise. Charging takes about half a minute. When it's finished, the Operate light stops flashing and stays on, and the Error light goes out.
Never turn off the EPSON CX3200 while the Operate light is flashing, unless the EPSON CX3200 hasn't moved or made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!