How should I transport my product?
If you need to ship your printer, you must as described below pack it carefully in its original box or one of a similar size.
Caution: To avoid damage, always leave the ink cartridges installed when transporting the printer.
Do the following:
1. Open the printer cover and turn on the printer. Wait until the print head locks in the far right position, then turn off the printer.
2. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet. Then disconnect the printer cable from the printer.
3. Remove any paper from the printer, then remove the paper support and roll paper holders.
4. Open the printer cover. Secure the ink cartridge holder with the plastic insert that came with your printer (or secure it to the right of the printer case with packing tape).
Caution: Be sure to remove the insert after installing the printer in its new location.
5. Close the printer cover, push in the output tray extension, then close the output tray.
6. Repack the printer and its attachments in the original box using the protective materials that came with them.
Keep the printer level as you transport it. After transporting the printer, remove the plastic insert or tape securing the print head and test your printer. If you notice a decline in print quality, clean the print head. If the output is misaligned, align the print head.
Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!