I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Make sure the printer is turned on. (The green power light should be on, but not flashing.) Then open the printer cover.
- Press and release the ink button. The print head moves to the position to indicate which cartridge should be reinstalled.
Note: Don't hold down the ink button for more than 2 seconds, or the printer will start to clean the print head.
Caution: To avoid damaging the printer, never move the print head by hand.
- Press the ink button again.
- If another cartridge needs to be reinstalled, it moves to the position. Press the ink button again to see if other cartridges need to be reinstalled.
- If no other cartridges need to be reinstalled, the print head moves to the replacement position on the right.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
Note: If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.
- Close the cartridge cover.
- Close the printer cover and press the ink button. The printer begins charging the ink. This takes about 1 1/2 minutes.
When the power light stops flashing and remains on, ink charging is finished.
Caution: Never turn off the printer while the power light is flashing, or you'll waste ink.
Published: Jan 29, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!