My printout is grainy when I print from any application. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure the printable side of the paper is face up. It's usually brighter or whiter.
- Select a higher Quality Option or Print Quality, and turn off High Speed and Fast Economy or Economy mode in the printer software.
- Select Photo RPM for Quality Type (Windows) or Print Quality (Macintosh). Remember that this setting increases print time.
- Align the print head.
- You may need to increase the image resolution or print in a smaller size; see your software documentation.
- Try printing a different image to determine if the problem is limited to one image. If it is, you may need to recreate your original image.
Published: Aug 2, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!