I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed new ink and you still see an ink related error, the cartridge(s) may be incorrectly installed.
Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Make sure the CD/DVD tray is not inserted in the printer, and the front tray is in the paper (lower) position.
- Make sure the printer is turned on. (The green power light should be on, but not flashing.)
- Open the printer cover.
- Press and release the ink button two or more times (until the print head moves to the ink cartridge replacement position).
Note: Don't hold down the ink button for more than 3 seconds, or the printer will start to clean the print head.
Caution: Do not move the print head by hand; this may damage your printer. Always press and release the ink button to move it.
Be careful not to touch the white flat cable inside the printer.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
Note: If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.
- Close the cartridge cover.
- Close the printer cover and press the ink button. The printer begins charging the ink delivery system.
The green power light flashes and the printer makes noise. Charging takes about one and a half minutes. When it's finished, the green power light stops flashing and stays on, and the red ink light goes out.
Never turn off the printer while the green power light is flashing, unless the print head hasn't moved or the printer hasn't made noise for more than 5 minutes.
Do not insert the CD/DVD tray until ink charging is complete.
Published: Feb 4, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!