I'm having problems installing the software. What should I do?
Check the following:
Published: Jul 17, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!
- Make sure your Epson Stylus Photo RX595 is turned on then carefully follow the software installation instructions on the Start Here sheet.
- Make sure your system meets the requirements.
- Make sure all applications (including any screen savers and virus protectors) are closed before you install the software. If any applications were open, uninstall the software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the software (Windows or Macintosh).
- In Windows, make sure EPSON Stylus Photo RX595 Series is selected as the default printer and that the correct port is shown in the printer properties.
- If you see an error message or your software doesn't install correctly in Windows, you may not have software installation privileges. Contact your System Administrator.
- Make sure the USB Controller is working properly in Device Manager. See your Windows help system for details. If it's not working, contact your computer manufacturer.
- If you're printing over a network, set up the software for network printing.
- Uninstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the printer software (Windows or Macintosh). Note: You must connect the Epson Stylus Photo RX595 to your computer at the correct time to make sure the driver is installed correctly on your computer.