I'm having trouble sending or receiving faxes. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it.
- Make sure the Line port on the CX9400Fax Series is connected to a telephone wall jack.
- If your phone line has static or other noise problems, turn off the ECM (Error Correction Mode) setting and try faxing again. See Select Communication Settings for details.
- If the Epson Stylus CX9400Fax Series is connected to a DSL phone line, you must have a DSL filter connected to the phone jack. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
- If you have problems receiving a fax, make sure paper is loaded, the phone cable is connected correctly, and the phone line works. To automatically receive faxes, make sure the light next to Auto Answer/Space button is turned on. See Receive Faxes for details.
- Make sure that your recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
Published: Aug 1, 2007 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!