I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the sheet feeder or single sheet guide. Reload it against the right side, then slide the edge guide against the paper. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide. The edge guide moves to the left when printing begins, and then back when printing is finished. Interrupting this process could cause paper to jam.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- Make sure you don't load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- If the paper doesn't eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the paper button to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it's wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be damp or too thin. (If the paper is damp, make sure you select the correct media type in the printer software).
- If the paper jams in the sheet feeder or manual feed slot, do the following:
Paper type Load up to
this many sheets
Plain paper Approximately 120 Epson Presentation Paper Matte 100 Epson Bright White paper 80 Epson Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Luster
Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
30 Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-sided
Epson Photo Quality Self-Adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-On Cool Peel Transfer Paper
- If you're using the manual feed slot, make sure the paper is aligned properly.
- Press the paper button to eject any jammed sheets, then open the printer cover and remove any paper jammed inside.
- Press the paper button again to clear the error.
- If the paper jams in the roll paper slot, cut off any printed roll paper or canvas media, then remove and reload the paper or push and hold the roll paper button for 3 or 4 seconds.
- Load only one sheet of compatible paper using the single sheet guide. Make sure you installed the guide correctly and guided the paper all the way into the printer.
- If roll paper doesn't feed, cut the end of it straight across and uncurl the end by rolling it backwards, if necessary.
Published: Feb 12, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!