I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- Make sure the edge guides are snug against the edge of the paper.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder or cassette, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- Make sure you don't load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets. Front paper cassette:
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Load it printable side up.
- If the paper doesn't eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Press the Paper/Cancel button to eject the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- If it's wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be over-saturated or too thin. (If the paper is over-saturated after printing, you may have selected the wrong paper Type or Media Type setting in the printer software.)
- If the paper jams frequently, make sure of the following:
- The paper is smooth, not curled or wrinkled.
- You are using high quality paper.
- The printable side of the paper is face-up in the rear sheet feeder and face-down in the front paper cassette.
- The paper stack was fanned before loading.
- The paper is not loaded above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If paper jams in the printer, see The Paper Jams.
Paper type Load up to this many sheets Epson Bright White Paper 400 Plain paper 500 Paper type Load up to this many sheets Plain paper (letter-size) Up to 150 sheets Plain paper (legal-size) 1 sheet at a time (up to 60 sheets with the optional legal-size paper support) Epson Bright White Paper Up to 100 (70 sheets for manual double-sided printing) Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Up to 20 sheets Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-Sided 1 sheet at a time Epson Photo Quality Self Adhesive Sheets 1 sheet at a time Epson Presentation Paper Matte Up to 100 sheets Envelopes Up to 15 envelopes
Published: Jul 7, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!