I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If the paper jams in the Automatic Document Feeder, make sure the originals are not creased or folded and do not have tape, staples, or other materials that could obstruct the feeder. Load only up to 30 letter-size sheets (up to 10 for legal-size) at a time.
- If paper doesn't feed, remove it from the sheet feeder. Reload it against the right side, behind the tab, then squeeze the edge guide and slide it against the paper. Make sure the paper is not above the arrow mark inside the edge guide.
- If multiple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- If it's wrinkled when it ejects, the paper may be over-saturated or too thin. (If the paper is over-saturated, make sure you select the correct media type in the printer software).
- Make sure you use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Make sure to load it printable side up.
- Do not load paper with holes punched in it for insertion in a binder.
- Make sure you adjust the edge guide to match the width of the paper.
- If the paper doesn't eject fully, you may have set the wrong paper size. Turn the printer off then on again. The paper should eject completely; if not, open the scanner and remove the paper. Select the correct paper size when you reprint.
- Make sure you don't load more than the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- If paper jams, select the solution for your problem:
|Paper type||Max. sheets|
|Plain paper||Approx. 100 sheets|
|Epson Presentation Paper Matte||80 sheets|
|Epson Bright White Paper||100 sheets|
|Epson Photo Paper Glossy|
Epson Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Ultra Premium Photo Paper Glossy
Epson Premium Photo Paper Semi-gloss
Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte
Epson Ultra Premium Presentation Paper Matte
|Epson Premium Presentation Paper Matte Double-sided|
Epson Photo Quality Self-adhesive Sheets
Epson Iron-on Cool Peel Transfer Paper
Published: Aug 29, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!