I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
Follow these steps to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed:
- Make sure the WorkForce is turned on.
- Do one of the following:
- If you see a message on the WorkForce display screen that a cartridge is expended, press OK. Select Replace Now, then press OK.
- Otherwise, press the Home button, select Setup and press OK. Select Maintenance, and press OK. Then select Ink Cartridge Replacement and press OK.
- Open the scanner.
- Open the cartridge cover.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
If a cartridge is properly seated already, you may not hear a click.
Caution:If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.
- Close the ink cartridge cover and press it until it clicks into place.
- Close the scanner.
- Press OK to begin charging the ink. This takes about 2 minutes.
You see a message on the display screen when ink charging is finished.
Never turn off the WorkForce while ink is charging or you'll waste ink.
Published: Jan 28, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!