My printout has incorrect or missing colors. What should I do?
The problem could be due to a software setting, the condition of the Epson Stylus NX400, or the paper you're using. Check the following:
- Make sure your Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Macintosh OS X 10.5 printer software is not set to use black ink only.
- The print head nozzles may need cleaning.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Try turning off Fix Photo in the Windows printer software.
- On a Macintosh OS X 10.3 and 10.4 or Macintosh OS X 10.5, try using Automatic mode.
- Try changing the Gamma setting in your Windows, Macintosh OS X 10.3 and 10.4, or Macintosh OS X 10.5 printer software.
- Your printed colors can never exactly match your on-screen colors. However, you can use a color management system to get as close as possible. Try using the ICM (Windows), ColorSync (Macintosh OS X 10.3 and 10.4), or Color Controls (Macintosh OS X 10.5) setting.
- For best results, use genuine Epson ink and paper.
Published: Jun 18, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!