I replaced an ink cartridge and my product shows that the same ink cartridge is expended. What should I do?
If you have just installed a new ink cartridge and the red ink light is on, the cartridge may be incorrectly installed.
Follow the steps below to make sure the cartridges are correctly installed.
- Open the scanner and make sure it locks open.
Caution: Do not touch the white cable inside the printer or you may damage it.
- Press the Stop button. The print head moves to the position to indicate which cartridge is low or expended.
- Press the Stop button again.
If another cartridge is low or expended, it moves to the position. Press the Stop button again to see if more cartridges are expended.
If no other cartridges are low or expended, the print head moves to the replacement position on the right.
Caution: Do not move the print head by hand; this may damage your all-in-one. Always press and release the Stop button to move it.
- Press down all the ink cartridges until they click into place to make sure they are properly seated.
- Release the scanner support and close the scanner.
- Press the Stop button to begin charging the ink. This takes about 1 1/2 minutes.
When the On light stops flashing and remains on, ink charging is finished.
Caution: Never turn off the Epson Stylus while the On light is flashing or you'll waste ink.
If the ink light flashes, press the Stop button and press down all the cartridges securely.
If you remove an ink cartridge for later use, protect the ink supply area from dirt and dust and store it in the same environment as the Epson Stylus. Note that there is a valve in the ink supply port, making covers or plugs unnecessary, but take care to prevent the ink from staining items that the cartridge touches. Do not touch the ink cartridge ink supply port or surrounding area.
If you remove a low or expended ink cartridge, you cannot reinstall and use the cartridge.
Published: Jan 27, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!