I'm having trouble sending or receiving faxes. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the LINE port on the Artisan is connected to a telephone wall jack.
- Verify that the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it. If the line has static, turn off the V.34 and ECM (Error Correction Mode) settings.
- If the Artisan is connected to a DSL phone line, you must have a DSL filter connected to the phone jack. Contact your DSL provider for the necessary filter.
- If you answer the phone and hear a fax tone and the call disconnects when you hang up, make sure there is a phone or answering machine connected to the EXT. port on the Artisan.
- Make sure that your recipient's fax machine is turned on and working.
- Make sure paper is loaded correctly.
- If your phone line has static or other noise problems, turn off the ECM (Error Correction Mode) setting and try faxing again. See Select Communication Settings for details.
- Make sure the telephone wall jack works by connecting a phone to it.
- Set DRD (Distinctive Ring Service) to All on the Artisan. See Select Communication Settings for instructions.
- If a telephone with an answering machine is connected to the Artisan, set the number of rings on the Artisan to more than the answering machine and turn Auto Answer mode on (on the Artisan).
- Turn call waiting off. Call waiting may disrupt an incoming or outgoing fax.
- If the Artisan does not receive a fax, verify that it's not connected to a PBX system. The ring signal on a PBX system can cause a problem. Contact your PBX administrator for support.
Published: Aug 26, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!