How do I set up my product for the fastest printing?
If you're printing from your computer, make sure your system meets the requirements. If you're printing a high-resolution image, you need more than the minimum requirements listed. If you are printing over a wireless network, your signal strength may be low. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you're not using.
- Increase your system's memory.
- If you installed the Artisan using a USB cable, use a computer with a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- If you installed the Artisan using an Ethernet cable, use a computer and router (or hub or switch) with 100 Base-T ports.
- If you installed the Artisan as a wireless printer, use a computer and a router or wireless access point with 802.11g. Try moving the Artisan and your wireless router or access point closer together. Also avoid placing your Artisan next to large metal objects (such as a filing cabinet), microwave ovens, or 2.4 GHz cordless phones.
- Choose Grayscale in your printer settings if your document doesn't include color.
- For Windows, choose Draft for the Quality Option.
- For Macintosh, set the Quality/Speed slider to Speed.
- If the Artisan is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
Published: Aug 26, 2008 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!