How do I read a memory card inserted in my product over a network connection?
In Windows, follow these steps to map a network drive to the memory card reader:
- Print a Network Status Sheet.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Select Map Network Drive from the toolbar (Windows Vista) or Tools menu (Windows XP or 2000). A Map Network Drive window appears.
- Select the drive letter you want to assign to the network drive.
- Enter the following in the Folder field: \\servername\sharename
Refer to the printed network status sheet for the "servername" and "sharename".
- servername = Host Name or Printer Name (e.g., EPSONXXXXXX, where XXXXXX is the last 6 digits of the printer's MAC address)
- sharename = File Share Name (default is MEMORYCARD)
- Place a check mark in the box to the left of Reconnect at Logon.
- Click Finish.
If a Connect to EPSONXXXXXX window appears, select the appropriate user name and click OK to connect to the printer.
- If necessary, press the Home button on the Artisan control panel to return to the Home menu.
- Select Setup.
- Press or , then select Network Settings.
- Press or , then select File Sharing Setup.
- Make sure Enable is selected.
- Select the access level (Read Only or Read/Write) for the memory card reader.
- Select Yes when you see the warning to not use a memory card until network setup is complete.
Published: Jan 5, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!