My product is printing blank pages from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Check the following:
- Make sure the print head nozzles are not clogged.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Try printing a different document or printing from another application to determine if the problem is limited to one document or to the application. If it is, you may need to recreate your original document (by copying and pasting the text into a new file for example).
- Make sure the printer software settings are appropriate for the paper size you're using.
- You may need to uninstall the software (Windows or Macintosh), then reinstall the software (Windows or Macintosh).
- If you're using Windows, activate the Skip Blank Pages setting:
- Right-click the printer icon in the lower right corner of your screen (taskbar) and select Printer Settings. If you don't see the icon, click here for instructions on making it appear.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click the Speed & Progress button, then select Skip Blank Pages.
Published: May 19, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!