My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the USB cable is securely connected and meets the requirements. Then try printing again.
- Make sure your printer is selected in Window, or is set as the active printer in Print Center (Macintosh 10.3.x) or Print and Fax (Macintosh 10.4.x to 10.5.x).
- If you're using a switch box or USB hub with your printer, connect the printer directly to your computer.
- Turn the printer off, check that the cables are securely connected, and turn it back on. Then try printing again.
- If you're using postscript fonts, you may need to use RIP software.
Published: May 19, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!