During a wireless network installation, my product could not find or connect to the wireless network. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Try connecting to the wireless router or access point with your computer or another device to confirm that it is working correctly.
- Make sure that the all-in-one is within range of your router or access point.
- Avoid placing the all-in-one near a microwave oven, 2.4 GHz cordless phone, or large metal object such as a filing cabinet.
- Make sure there aren't any access restrictions (such as MAC address filtering) set on the wireless router or access point. If access restrictions are set, register the printer's MAC address on the router or access point. Print a Network Status Sheet to obtain the MAC address. Then see your router or access point's documentation for instructions.
- If your wireless router or access point doesn't broadcast its network name (SSID), see Connect Wirelessly Using Advanced Setup for instructions on connecting to your wireless network. If your wireless router or access point has wireless security enabled, you will also need to know what kind of security it is using.
- If the printer doesn't connect to your wireless network, the WEP key or WPA passphrase may have been entered incorrectly. See Wireless Network Installation to select your network settings again.
Note: WEP keys and WPA passphrases are case sensitive. Be sure to correctly note uppercase, lowercase, and numeric/special characters.
- The printer is compatible with 802.11b and 802.11g. If your router or access point supports 802.11n (Wireless N), make sure that it is set to compatibility mode to allow 802.11b and 802.11g devices to connect to it.
- If your network has a firewall and you did not allow access when you installed the software, you will need to reinstall the software and make sure you click Unblock or Allow when you reinstall, do not select Ask Me Later, Keep Blocking, or Block. You may also need to contact your firewall provider for assistance.
Published: Aug 3, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!