Printing is slow. What should I do?
Check the following:
- It takes a few moments for PictureMate to process your images before printing them. Note, larger image sizes will take longer to process.
- If PictureMate is in a hot or sunny location, move it to a cooler place and try printing again.
- If you are printing from a computer, make sure it meets the System Requirements.
- If you print continuously for 30 minutes, PictureMate may slow down to prevent overheating. Leave the printer power on, but allow it to cool off by not printing for at least 30 minutes.
- If you're printing a high-resolution image, you may need more than the minimum requirements listed. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you're not using.
- Increase your system's memory (RAM).
- For faster printing, try these tips:
- Don't print more than 40 pictures at a time.
- Photos with borders print faster than borderless photos.
- Turn off special features such as color effects and red-eye reduction.
- If PictureMate is connected to a USB hub, disconnect any USB devices that you're not using.
Published: Dec 3, 2009 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!