My printout has incorrect or missing colors. What should I do?
The problem could be due to a software setting, the product's condition, or the paper you're using. Check the following:
- Make sure your Windows, Mac OS X 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5/10.6 printer software is not set to print in grayscale.
- For best results, use genuine Epson ink and paper.
- The print head nozzles may need cleaning.
- The ink cartridges may be old or low on ink, and you may need to replace them.
- Try turning off Fix Photo in the Windows or Mac OS X 10.5/10.6 printer software.
- Try changing the Gamma setting in your Windows, Mac OS X 10.4, or Mac OS X 10.5/10.6 printer software.
- Your printed colors can never exactly match your on-screen colors. However, you can use a color management system to get as close as possible. Try using the ICM (Windows) or ColorSync Mac OS X 10.4) setting.
In Mac OS X 10.5/10.6, you can select ColorSync from the Color Matching pop-up menu.
Published: Aug 30, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!