I am unable to scan from my computer. What should I do?
See the solutions below for your connection type:
- Make sure the product is turned on.
- If the product is connected with a USB or Ethernet cable, make sure the cable is connected securely at both ends.
- Try restarting your computer.
- Make sure your computer has enough memory and meets the system requirements.
- If you are scanning a large document at high resolution, a communication error may occur. If the scan did not complete, lower the resolution.
- If you cannot scan from the product's touch screen, make sure you restarted your computer after installing the product software. Make sure Epson Event Manager is not being blocked by your firewall or security software.
- Check the following if Epson Scan does not work properly:
- The scanner may not work properly if you upgraded your operating system but did not reinstall Epson Scan.
- The scanner software may not work properly if you upgraded your operating system, reinstall Epson Scan.
- Make sure Epson Scan is selected in your scanning program.
- If your product is connected to your computer through a USB connection, make sure it's connected to a first tier hub (the hub closest to the host computer) that has its own A/C adapter when more than one hub is connected to the computer.
- If the product is connected to your computer over a network connection and network communication was interrupted while starting Epson Scan, exit Epson Scan, and restart it after a few seconds. If Epson Scan cannot restart, turn the printer off and back on, and then try restarting Epson Scan. Check the Timeout Setting in EPSON Scan Settings. For details, see the Epson Scan Help.
- If you installed the product on a wireless network, make sure that both your computer and product are connected to your wireless network.
- The scanner software will not work if any of the printer's ink cartridges are out of ink and the ink light flashes. Check which cartridge is expended and replace it.
Published: Aug 5, 2010 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!