My printout contains garbled characters when I print from Windows or my Mac. What should I do?
Try the following solutions:
- Make sure any interface cables are securely connected at both ends.
- In Windows, clear any stalled print jobs from the Windows Spooler:
- Windows 7: Click and select Devices and Printers. Right-click your product name, select See what's printing, right-click the stalled print job, click Cancel, and click Yes.
- Windows Vista: Click and select Control Panel. Click Printer under Hardware and Sound, right-click your product name, select Open, right click the stalled print job, click Cancel, and click Yes.
- Windows XP: Click Start and select Printers and Faxes. (Or open the Control Panel, select Printers and Other Hardware if necessary, and select Printers and Faxes.) Right-click your product name, select Open, right-click the stalled print job, click Cancel, and click Yes.
- Make sure your poduct is selected as the printer in your printing program.
- If your product is connected to a USB hub, connect it directly to your computer instead.
Published: Aug 23, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!