How do I access a memory card inserted in my product over a network connection?
Before you can access the memory card, make sure your product is connected to the network and the printer software is installed on the computer. Then follow these steps:
- Insert a memory card in your product's memory card slot.
- Do the following:
Click Start or , then click My Computer or Computer. Double-click the removable disk icon for the memory card.
Windows Vista or XP
- Printing a Network Status Sheet.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Select Map Network Drive from the toolbar (Windows Vista) or Tools menu (Windows XP or 2000). A Map Network Drive window appears.
- Select the drive letter you want to assign to the network drive.
- Enter the following in the Folder field: \\servername\sharename
Refer to the printed network status sheet for the "servername" and "sharename".
- servername = Host Name or Printer Name (e.g., EPSONXXXXXX, where XXXXXX is the last 6 digits of the printer's MAC address)
- sharename = File Share Name (default is MEMORYCARD)
Be sure to type the servername and sharename exactly as it appears on the network status sheet (it is case sensitive).
- Place a check mark in the box to the left of Reconnect at Logon.
- Click Finish.
If a Connect to EPSONXXXXXX window appears, select the appropriate user name and click OK to connect to the printer.
Published: Nov 9, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!