I see the message Printer is Offline. What should I do?
Try the following:
- Make sure the product is powered on.
- Make sure you are choosing the correct printer when printing. If there are multiple copies of the same printer driver, remove the ones not in use.
- Make sure the USB cable is a shielded "AB" cable not more than 10 feet long.
Note: Do not use devices that extend the length of the cable because they can interfere with signal transmission.
- If you're using a USB hub with your printer, connect the printer directly to your computer.
Note: Do not connect through a USB keyboard. The keyboard acts like a hub and can interfere with signal transmission.
- Use a different port on your computer.
- If your product is networked wirelessly, make sure it is connected to the network by checking the WiFi light. If the WiFi light is off, reconfigure the product using the control panel.
Printer Light Status
Published: Sep 9, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!