I'm having paper feed problems. What should I do?
Check the following:
- If paper doesn't feed into the sheet feeder, remove the paper and fan the stack of paper to separate the sheets. Reload paper against the right side and slide the edge guide against it. Do not load too many sheets in the sheet feeder at once and make sure the printer cover is closed.
- If paper loaded using the single sheet guide doesn't feed, make sure you installed the guide correctly and guided the paper all the way into the printer.
- When using the sheet feeder, don't load paper above the arrow mark on the left edge guide. Load only one sheet of compatible paper when using the single sheet guide.
- If multuple pages feed at once, remove the paper from the sheet feeder, fan the edges to separate the sheets, then reload it.
- Make sure the front manual feed tray is not extended if you're printing on roll paper or with the sheet feeder. Extend it only to load fine art paper or poster board.
- Load only one sheet of 13 x 19-inch media in the manual feed tray. For poster board, make sure there is enough space behind the printer for the media to feed through.
- Load only up to the recommended number of sheets. If you're printing on both sides of the paper, try loading fewer sheets.
- Use new, smooth, high-quality paper, that is not curled, creased, old, or too thin. Make sure to load it printable side up.
- If roll paper doesn't feed, cut the end of it straight across and uncurl the end by rolling it backward, if necessary.
- If thick media doesn't feed, make sure you're loading it straight into the printer.
- If paper dust builds up on the paper rollers, they may lose traction and become unable to feed paper properly. Clean the paper rollers.
Load Paper in the Sheet Feeder
Sheet Feeder Capacity
Clean the Rollers
Published: Apr 28, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!