How do I set up my product for the fastest printing?
If you're printing from your computer, make sure your system meets the requirements. If you're printing a high-resolution image, you need more than the minimum requirements listed. You may also need to:
- Clear space on your hard drive or run a defragmentation utility.
- Close programs that you're not using.
- Increase your system's memory.
- Use a computer with a high-speed USB 2.0 port.
- Choose Black/Grayscale in your product settings if your document doesn't include color.
- For Windows, choose Draft or Text for the Quality Option.
- If Plain Paper/Bright White paper is selected as the paper type, choose Fast Mode for the print quality.
- If the product is connected to a USB hub, disconnect unused USB devices.
- Make sure the paper Type or Media Type setting matches the paper you loaded.
- For Windows, try adjusting the settings in the Speed & Progress window:
- Right-click the product icon in the lower right corner of your screen (taskbar) and select product Settings.
- Click the Maintenance tab.
- Click the Speed & Progress button.
- Selecting one or more of the following settings will increase print speed:
- High Speed Copies
- Always spool RAW datatype
- Page Rendering Mode
- Print as Bitmap
Computer System Requirements
No product Icon Appears in the Windows Taskbar
Paper or Media Type Settings for Loaded Paper
Published: May 17, 2011 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!