My printout has lines running through it when I make a copy using the ADF (Automatic Document Feeder). What should I do?
Carefully clean the scanner glass and ADF. Do the following:
Do not use a hard brush, alcohol, or paint thinner to clean the product or you may damage it. Do not use oil or other lubricants inside the product or let water get inside it. Close the rear paper feed slot when you are not using it, to keep out dust.
- Turn off the product.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Disconnect any connected cables.
- Remove all the paper from the product.
- Open the document cover.
- Clean the scanner glass and the glass area on the left with a soft, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended), moistened with a little glass cleaner.
Do not spray glass cleaner directly on the glass and do not press the glass surface with any force.
- Close the document cover.
- Open the ADF cover and use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth (microfiber is recommended) to clean the rollers and the interior of the ADF.
- Close the ADF cover.
- Reattach the power cable and other cables you disconnected before cleaning the product.
Published: Apr 19, 2018 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!