How do I use the control panel buttons to scan?
You can scan an image to a memory device or to your computer using your product's control panel.
Your product automatically selects suitable default scan settings, but you can view or change them as necessary.
- Make sure you installed the product software and connected the product to your computer or network.
- Press the home button, if necessary.
- Press the left or right arrow buttons to select Scan and press the OK button.
The scan options are displayed:
- Press the arrow buttons to view additional scan options, then select the one you want.
- Scan to Memory Card saves your scan file on a memory card and lets you select the file format, quality, and other settings.
- Scan to Cloud sends your scanned files to a destination that you have registered with Epson Connect.
- Scan to PC saves your scan file directly to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
- Scan to PC (PDF) saves your scan as a PDF file to your computer or as an image capture in Mac OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8.
- Scan to PC (Email) scans your original and attaches it to a message in your e-mail program. You can select the e-mail program you want to use and resize your image, if necessary, from an option screen on your computer. Note: This works with MAPI-type email such as Microsoft Outlook, Windows Live Mail, Mac Mail, and Entourage, but not web-based email such as Gmail.
- Scan to PC (WSD) lets you manage wireless scanning in Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista (English only).
- To scan to your PC, you first need to select how you connected your product to your computer:
- If your product is connected directly to your computer with a USB cable, select USB Connection.
- If your product is connected to your computer over a network, select the computer name from the list.
- Press one of the buttons to start scanning.
Published: Jul 8, 2013 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!