I see the message Printer is Offline when I try to print with a wireless (Wi-Fi) connection in Windows. What should I do?
Make sure your product is turned on, then do the following:
- Windows 8: Navigate to the Start screen, right-click the screen, and select All Apps. Select Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers. Right-click your printer icon, click See what's printing, and select Printer and then select Use Printer Offline.
- Windows 7: Click , and select Devices and Printers. Double-click your printer icon, click See what's printing, and select Printer and then select Use Printer Offline.
- Windows Vista: Click , and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printer (under Hardware and Sound) or Printers. Right-click your printer icon, and then select Use Printer Online.
- Windows XP: Click Start, and select Control Panel (or point to Settings and then select Control Panel). Select Printers and Other Hardware (if available) and then Printers and Faxes. Right-click your printer icon, and then select Use Printer Online.
- Mac OS X: Open the menu and select System Preferences > Print and Fax or Print and Scan. Select your printer, then click - to remove the printer. Click +, select your printer and click Add to add the printer back on the printer queue.
- Make sure you're choosing the correct printer when printing. If there are multiple copies of the same printer driver, remove the ones not in use.
- Check the lights on the product for an error. If there's an error, see the product's User's Guide for instructions to correct the error.
- Make sure your product is
connected to your network. If the WiFi light on your product is off, you'll
need to re-establish the WiFi connection.
- Check the router for error messages and see your router's documentation to clear the error.
- Make sure the product is within range of the wireless router or wireless access point.
- Avoid placing the printer near a microwave oven, 2.4 GHz cordless phone, or large metal objects such as a filing cabinet.
- If the solutions above do not help, contact Epson support for more help.
If the steps above did not help, check the solutions below:
Published: Sep 19, 2012 Was this helpful? Thank you for the feedback!